we hear this a lot.
Which is a good thing, as every small business owner
wants more media exposure for their product.
Even better when its free editorial.
Are we everywhere?
Don't think so.
Not yet anyway!
I hate to think we miss somewhere we have been featured.
It's hard to keep track of everything.
We can't buy every magazine we send samples to.
So many people ask us:
How do you get all the exposure?
1. Most of the time we get the email/contact from the inside of the magazine.
2. We send an email with an info sheet & cute images of our
3. We send them samples and a media kit.
4. We sit & wait with baited breath that we will get featured!
5. We send semi-regular emails when we have a new design or new images.
6. We keep track of online features through Google Alerts.
Recently I went to a Media Workshop run by
Some key points to come out of that were:
1. Media people prefer emails, not phone calls.
2. They will keep your info filed away & will call on you when your
product is suitable.
3. Your press release should be short, sharp & succinct.
4. Try to add press release/images into the body of the email.
The less attachments the better
we must be doing something right as last month
we had a record amount of editorial features.
We lurve editorial as it's
Sometimes we are also lucky enough to have our stockists use our
cupcake wrappers in their marketing as well.
Not forgetting another holy grail for us...
we were featured on the amazing Amy Atlas blog
This was done courtesy of the very talented Leoni from
Amy has been a huge inspiration for us so we are honored that
she loves our cupcake wrappers
added a link to our website.
We contacted Leoni to thank her for the lovely post and guess what?
She lives just around the corner from us!
What small world!
You simply must check out Leoni's blog - her cake making skills
are just incredible!
Leoni has also used our Lovebirds cupcake wrappers
So there you go.
A big post to make up for a tad of blogging slackness of late.
We hope to see our cupcake wrappers in the media again soon.
Then we really will be everywhere!